In Ontario, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation ("MPAC") is responsible for assessing the value of all property, and it provides these assessments to municipalities on annual assessment rolls. In turn, municipalities use these values in calculating property and education taxes.

Do you feel your assessment is too high? Did you know that property owners may challenge their assessment?

The assessment may be challenged by:

Requesting MPAC reconsider the assessment; and/or
Appealing MPAC’s decision to the Assessment Review Board.

Please call me today for your FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION to discuss your property assessment.



I am not a lawyer. However, I do have authority to represent clients in matters before the Landlord and Tenant Board, the Ontario Small Claims Court, in the Ontario Court of Justice on summary conviction (criminal) and on provincial offence matters and before all tribunals. This website has been prepared for information purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice. Please consult myself or another paralegal directly for advice on your individual legal matter. Please be advised that having a discussion with me does not create a paralegal-client relationship. Unless a paralegal-client relationship is established, at which time a retainer and authorization agreement is signed by both the client and paralegal, please do not send any confidential information to me.

Contact Me

705 761-1867

Business Hours:
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Available After Hours by Appointment

Scope of Practice

  • My services include:
    Landlord and Tenant matters under the Residential Tenancies Act (which includes care homes and mobile homes)
  • Small Claims Court matters
  • Commercial Tenancies
  • Property Tax Appeals
  • Record Suspensions/Pardons under the Criminal Records Act
  • Legal Research
  • Agency Work

© 2014 Glenna J. Grant